- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme, picked
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- To taste salt and pepper
- To garnish pepitas / pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
Shop our Pumpkin Cocotte here: https://shopplumscooking.com/products/pumpkin-cocotte
- Heat oil in a Pumpkin Cocotte over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add thyme and apple cider and season. Simmer 25 minutes and/or until pumpkin and apples are tender.
- Place half of pumpkin mixture in a blender, blend until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining pumpkin mixture. Divide soup evenly among 8 bowls; sprinkle evenly with pepitas.
For a thinner consistency add more stock and apple cider.