You’ve finally snagged that gorgeous Le Creuset piece that you’ve had your eye on forever, but before you fire up the oven there are a few things you need to know first. Caring for your cast iron piece is just as important as picking out what color matches your aesthetic the best. Here are a few things to know before you get cooking!
Before your first use:
- Remove all packaging and labels including the logo sticker attached to the side of the product
- *Save the plastic lid spacers for storage*
- Wash in warm soapy water then rinse and dry thoroughly
- Review care & use info to get cooking tips for new items
- Start Cooking!
For Everyday Cleaning
- Allow cookware to cool to room temperature
- Wash with warm water, dish soap, and a soft non-metal sponge
- Rinse and dry before putting it away
How to Clean Difficult Stains
- Soak stuck-on-food in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes, then wash again
- For interior stains, simmer water and 1-2 Tbsp baking soda for 8-10 minutes
- Use Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware Cleaner to remove marks on the interior or exterior
- Apply a paste of baking soda and water to stains or spots, let sit for a few hours or overnight, then wash again.
- Bar Keeper’s Friend may even be used to spot-treat an interior or exterior stain.